Streetwise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Group Is Open To All Drivers No Matter What Car You Have Join Up, Instead Of Single Manufactor Groups This Group Looks To Have Meets With Mixed Groups

HomeLog inRegisterLatest imagesSearch

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DropOut Media

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 Empty
PostSubject: Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5   Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 am

The start:

I owned a black mk1 1.8 UK mx5 for a while but last winter managed to crash it and the cost of replacing it to my standard was going to be way too much so I instead decided to spend the money building an MX5 from the ground up the way I wanted it.

In april 2011 I bought this rust free 1.6 automatic from a breakers yard called PH Sports Cars.

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0804

Ok it was a bit ropey but the fact it was crash free and rust free was what I saw the potential in. Anyways from there I worked with the lads down there to strip it and rebuild it just how I wanted. This meant getting rid of the 1.6 and replacing it with a good low milage 1.8 and a manual gearbox.

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0833

I ripped the air con out, power steering and pretty much all other useless bits. I put the interior together with a collaboration of mk1 and mk2 bits. All the panels saw some attention and if they were major dinted or not how I wanted them I changed them leaving me with a very strange looking mk1

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0861
Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0858

Ok moving along quite a bit I started to add my modifications from the previous 5.

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0957
Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0989
Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0999

Carrying on..

custom rear bumper

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_1097

sexy wheels

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_1104

Paint prep

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_1175
Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_1187

Painted

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_3287
Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_3334

A few more little modifications

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_1239
Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_1240
Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 316390_2547217803775_1353712673_32880447_1176478720_n

lets get to present day... winter is here and even though we haven't seen snow yet we have had the grit lorries out so off came the wheels and on came the winter alloys and wax oil!

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0135
Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0159

Future plans...

lots... just a case of money! would love to track it up, turbo it, lower it some more... loads of ideas to play with to be honest...

heres what I do know though...

new shoes for spring!

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0126
Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 IMG_0124

Hope you guys enjoyed reading it and there are MANY more photos at the MX5 Nutz link i posted at the top!

As you probs noticed I do my photos and videos for DropOut Media.
Back to top Go down
Pugsy
Admin
Pugsy

PostSubject: Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5   Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:29 am

wow great stuff, love how u bought the car from the breakers and make 1 car out of about 5 haha keep updated brill stuff
Back to top Go down
DropOut Media

PostSubject: Re: Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5   Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:53 am

yeah i wasn't happy with the original but the original was RUST FREE
Back to top Go down
Jack-CTR
Admin
Jack-CTR

PostSubject: Re: Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5   Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:00 am

Rust is the poor man fibre glass! Ultimate weight saving
Back to top Go down
Alex the kid

Alex the kid

PostSubject: Re: Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5   Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:50 am

Best shape MX buddy very tidy
Back to top Go down
DropOut Media

PostSubject: Re: Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5   Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:20 am

thanks alex,

lol one day jack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5   Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ctrl + Alt + Reset - Tye's Mean-Az MX5
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Streetwise :: Members Projects-
Jump to: